Is it possible to assign homework to a student without a course?

Is it possible to assign homework to a student without a course?

by Przemysław Jankowski -
Number of replies: 3

I'm exploring the possibility of using my Moodle platform with individual students. What I need is to be able to send a quiz (as a homework) to a student, not a group. I would also like the student to get an email notification that there's a homework waiting for him/her.

For now, I've been setting individual courses for students but this is a bit of a hassle for me. I need something that would be much simpler - a system for automatised homework. Is there any method or plugin that could help me achieve that?

Thx in advance for any replies.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Przemysław Jankowski

Re: Is it possible to assign homework to a student without a course?

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
'For now, I've been setting individual courses for students'

---You must be a hard working teacher!

Quiz is One(teacher) to Many (Students). Student can't see each other. So, you never need create courses for individual student.

After you setting up a Quiz or an Assignment, you can simply user News forum to send a notification to all students.

by Gunasekar Rajaratnam -

If you don't have too many students, you can create a course for each one where they get your individual attention and admit them to other courses when you address them in groups.

Nothing wrong in one student courses. Afterall by individual attention you mean an extra individual course exclusively for that student. In that course you can use all tools like quiz.

(If I understood moodlese correctly)

by Jaswinder Singh -
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In my opinion, you can also use the groups at course level  with separate groups in the Groups settings in course settings and assign individual users to different groups. Afterwards you can use the news forum to send the notifications to all students.

Hope it helps!!

Jaswinder Singh