2.8.3 my site does not reflect ftp files

2.8.3 my site does not reflect ftp files

by Wendi Daniels -
Number of replies: 6

My site is not reflecting the ftp changes I made anymore. It used to, but now it does not. I also can see my questions in the question bank, but I cannot see them when I try to open them for editing. I made sure the moodle data file was copied correctly...this is just weird, especially that the ftp files are not reflecting on the site.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wendi Daniels

Re: 2.8.3 my site does not reflect ftp files

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you are going to need to step us through this. 'ftp files not reflecting...' doesn't really mean anything - not to me anyway. 

What exactly are you doing, what do you expect to happen, and what doesn't happen - that sort of thing wink

In reply to Howard Miller

by Wendi Daniels -

Actually, what I said was "site is not reflecting the ftp changes", not "ftp files not reflecting". I thought it was fairly obvious - changes that were made if the ftp files were not showing on the website. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, the problem has been fixed.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm awfully sorry... my stupidity is boundless black eye

I read some of your other posts were you go on about 'FTP' files. I think you're confusing your method of uploading files to your hosting system (FTP) with 'editing Moodle files'. FTP is a mechanism for uploading files - nothing more. You can't change FTP files... you change files and upload them using FTP. 

I hope you aren't editing core Moodle files... that way lies madness wink

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That might be so...but you did say...

"this is just weird, especially that the ftp files are not reflecting on the site."

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Wendi, might you be able to take a slight step backwards and tell us what you are trying to do?  Are you trying to upgrade your moodle via FTP?  Or are you trying to upgrade plug-ins, or your theme, or something else?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What Wendi needs to do is make sure the folders on her server are refreshed. You can do this in the FTP software. 

Indeed the FTP software might need updating?

I think what Wendi is doing is adding some changes to her site via FTP I do this a lot too...so it is not uncommon.

Files get cached so need to be purged.