Badge Notification Email/ Pop up message (v2.8)

Badge Notification Email/ Pop up message (v2.8)

by Helena Plowman -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I'm trying to change which email address or instant message address that the badge notification comes from. Currently it is coming from the  primary site administrator's username as described here in moodledocs:

Badge notification messages may be sent via email and/or instant messaging. The badge notification email has the issuer name and contact set as From address. The badge notification instant message appears to be sent from the primary site admin for site badges and from the primary teacher for course badges.

I have changed the issuer details in the 'manage badges' setting but it is still defaulting to the primary site admin's name and address.

Any ideas how/ where I can change this please?

TIA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helena Plowman

Re: Badge Notification Email/ Pop up message (v2.8)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is this course badges or site badges that you are having the difficulties with?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Thomas Desserrey -

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same troubles (Moodle v 2.7.8+).

Course badges or site badges are being issued by the superadmin !

I'm interested in any solution.

Thanks,

Thomas (french guy !)

In reply to Thomas Desserrey

by Stewart Fulton -

Ever get a resolution on this? I am experiencing the same issue with the issued badge emails coming from either the admin user, or the creator of the badge (which is the same user in my case)

In reply to Helena Plowman

by Jackie Rausch -

I'm looking for a similar solution. I want to update the email that receives the notification when a badge is awarded. 

How can I update the email so I get the notification instead of former account? Do I need to copy badges, update the information and re-issue them to students? Also, do these things have to be reset for each course/badge? Or can it be altered for all items with one action?

Please help!