A question about offline and synchronisation function

A question about offline and synchronisation function

by Yezi Yang -
Number of replies: 2

I download the code of the Moodle mobile app 1.15 and log in to Moodle demo site(http://school.demo.moodle.net) as a student and a teacher. It is said it has an offline function in which the app will download all the files through the app and store them in the device so that users can see resources offline. However, on the app I get, I need to click the download icon (as highlighted in the screen shot) and download the files by myself. It is not automatically downloaded on the app. Could anyone tell me what synchronisation function cover, please? Does it only cover calendar events and activity icons synchronise?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yezi Yang

Re: A question about offline and synchronisation function

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello,

this is going to change for Moodle Mobile 2.

Currently, we do not download the course files in the background, the user has to download or access the content first. This is because course contents can be huge and the storage capacity in a mobile device is limited.

Synchronization is currently done mainly for notifications, in Moodle Mobile 2 we are working in a synchronization process (still not implemented) but all the screens will have pull down to refresh to update your contents. Also, synchronization usually happens when you are accesing the course contents view and you are online.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: A question about offline and synchronisation function

by Yezi Yang -

Dear Juan,

Thank you very much for your reply! It really helps me understand the offline and synchronization functions.

Best Regards,

Yezi