Number of replies: 6

My php upload size is set to 16 mb.

The largest I can set for default is 8 mb

The largest I can set in a class is 1 MB

Please explain

In reply to A. John Peters

Re: Moodle 2.9 Upload size

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you restart apache after adjusting the limit in PHP?  Did you also change the max_post_size?

The course upload setting is dependent on the admin setting - you can set the course setting independently of the site setting.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by A. John Peters -

The site setting is set at 16mb and it was at 2 mb.  The Moodle admin for uploads changed from 2 to 8, so therefore it show Apache was changed.  The default is big enough for now (summer school), but will probably need to know how to do this in the fall.  

I cannot seem to change the upload size when creating an assignment.

In reply to A. John Peters

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So problems were as follows:

While php upload file size was changed to 16Mb, post max size is still 8Mb.  This caused the 8Mb limit per site.

In the Assignment submission settings (admin/plugins/activities/assignment/submission/file upload), the limit was set to 1Mb.  This just needed changed to 8Mb site limit.  If the php post max size setting is adjusted, this setting should update to 16Mb automatically.