LDAP - Students removed from courses when logging in.

LDAP - Students removed from courses when logging in.

by Jason Fehr -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, we are using LDAP syncing for enrolments and this has been working well for years. Last week we upgraded from Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.9 and now when students log in they are being removed from their courses. When running the sync_enrol script they are added properly. 

My temporary solution is to have ldap syncing turned off, then once a day turn it on, run the enrol script, then turn it off again.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix this issue. My google-fu hasn't turned anything up yet.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Fehr

Re: LDAP - Students removed from courses when logging in.

by Susan Mangan -

Just wanting to follow this thread as we are also having 'unenrollment' issues suddenly.  We are on 2.6 (upgrading to 2.8 in August) and just implemented external DB enrolment this summer along with ldap sync.  All of a sudden we are seeing students and teachers randomly being unenrolled from courses that are running using DB enrolment.  It seems as though cron is just randomly doing this, I'm in the process of trying to determine a pattern to figure out what is going on and what is causing this.  This old tracker item looks exactly like what is happening https://tracker.moodle.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/MDL-25674 but it's so old ...

We did have the db enrolment settings set to unenrol if record no longer exists as we want to keep in pace with adds and drops but I have now turned it off until we can figure this out.

In reply to Susan Mangan

Re: LDAP - Students removed from courses when logging in.

by SIMAC IT -

Let us track this one down, follow this thread ...

I have the same problem on 2.9