intallation problem

intallation problem

by Tzachi Bar -
Number of replies: 7

hi there,

After installing moodle for windows on my desktop and using it for few hours, i left it open for over night. when i tried to log in again it didn't recognize my username/password. It didn't help that i copy-paste it from the place i saved it. Asking the password again didn't help since it didn't send me the email. 

now, when i try to open it get this message (attached sceen shot).

what should i do?

Attachment error message.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tzachi Bar

Re: intallation problem

by Bret Miller -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Try restarting the computer.

If that doesn't fix it, then you have two web servers listening on the same port 80, probably IIS. So you need to either disable one of the web servers or change the port it listens on.

In reply to Bret Miller

by Tzachi Bar -

hi Bert,

thanks a lot for the answer. 

Do you know by chance how i should solve it?

regards,

Tzachi

In reply to Tzachi Bar

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Actually, when I start my XAMP I get this same screen, so it might be normal.  However, this screen is then followed by another command window after about 5 to 10 seconds.  It looks like my attachment.  Do you not get this second command window?

Attachment xamp.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tzachi Bar -

hi Rick,

i need to turn moodle off, and then turn it on again, and only then i get such a screen, but it doesn't help. the moodle still does not function. I think i have another program that uses the same port and i don't know how to resolve it.

In reply to Tzachi Bar

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have, you, by any chance, installed IIS? or any other thing that  is making use of Port 80, Like Skype and MS SQL Server reporting services?

In reply to Usman Asar

by Tzachi Bar -

hi Usman,

i think so. i think that my port is already taken by other application, or even the moodle i first installed and faced problems with.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Tzachi Bar -

problem solved!

all i needed to do was to kill the process of mysql that was running behind. now it's ok, i hope clown

i'll check everthing at the afternoon.