Hugh equation

Hugh equation

by Luis Vázquez de Lara -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I recently updated LAMP in my server, but I kept the same Moodle (2.3.3). My problem is that when i write an equation, it is out of proportion (see image). Equation made before the update, are fine

What can I do?image1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: Hugh equation

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Have you tried the size attribute? Have you looked at the HTML code page via the < > button on the toolbar? Is there anything, like a <span...> tag that is influencing the size? Assuming you are adding it via the MathJax editor, it should be sizing appropriately, but if you are using the TeX filter, then the equation may be getting its size from within the code. Add a size attribute, see what happens.   

In reply to Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: Hugh equation

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The TeX filter relies on several binaries that are optional packages on many Linux distributions, latex, dvips, convert. These were probably not installed in the new system or put in a different place than on the previous system. If these are not all present, the filter default to using a different method that produces poor output. You need to make sure that texlive and ImageMajick packages are installed and the paths are set correctly in the TeX notation filter settings page.