I am looking for something to sell courses online.
I do not know that much about Moodle. Here is my understanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
- Moodle is popular LMS
- Moode has staying power
- Moodle has lots of developers
- Moodle is free and will stay free
- Moodle designed as an LMS from the beginning, not just an LMS plugin.
- Moodle is really designed for K-12.
- Moodle has a lot of stuff online course sellers don't need.
- Moodle may be lacking some of the stuff that online course sellers do need.
- Moodle is not really designed for ecommerce.
- Moodle's methods of accepting payments for courses, may be somewhat lacking.
- Moodle has a paypal plugin, but what about credit cards?
- Moodle paypal plugin only allows you to sell by the course, not by the month, or whatever.
- Moodle has a reputation for being somewhat slow and clunky. Okay for K-12, maybe not okay for commercial use.
Not sure about Moodle mobile app, or Moodle responsive themes. These days, I think mobile is very important.