How to purchase multiple courses at once?

How to purchase multiple courses at once?

by Jeff Shrek -
Number of replies: 5
Hi

We have a Wordpress site and are setting up the WooCommerce plugin along with the WisdmLabs Moodle Integration plugin.

I am able to enter all our course and students can purchase the ones they want by choosing them indiviudally one at a time.

We want to however offer a course for sale that is actually several courses combined.

So instead of buying Class 101, Class 102, Class 103, Class 104 and Class 105 individually, we want to offer one class for sale that combines all three of 101 and 102 and 103 and 104 and 105.

So we want to setup the student to be able to pick this single course (instead of 5 seperate courses), but in Moodle we just want them to be enrolled in the 5 seperate courses (even though they purchased only 1 combined course thru the site).

I searched a little bit in the documentation, but I am not sure what terminology I should be looking for, so did not find exactly what I am looking for.

EXAMPLE: I need to setup something like a category with the 5 courses in that category, but allow the student to purchase the category directly instead of the individual courses, but it does not seem possible to purchase a category.

Anyways, hopefully this is clear enough that somebody can give me the correct terminology and possibly a tutorial link on how to set this up.

Thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jeff Shrek

Re: How to purchase multiple courses at once?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jeff,

How about having one course with Paypal enrolment (or similar) and then make it so that students are automatically enrolled in the other courses using a course meta link, as explained in the documentation Course meta link.

In reply to Jeff Shrek

by Jeff Shrek -

I goggled parent and child courses and came up with Metacourse ... is that what I want to setup to do what I am talking about above? Is a Metacourse the same as a Meta Link?

Thanks

In reply to Jeff Shrek

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes, the course meta link used to be called 'Metacourse'. The thing to note is that only course enrolments are transferred, and nothing else.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jeff Shrek -

I solved my issue and got it working.

Read this topic for explanation:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=316161

Average of ratings: Useful (1)