Recreating the dataform in another course

Recreating the dataform in another course

by Greg Rudl -
Number of replies: 9

Can you provide the guidance on how to copy the dataform (w/o data) into another course?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Rudl

Re: Recreating the dataform in another course

by Greg Rudl -

I  backed up the preset and then restored it in another course but when I try to save an entry it throws and error. Another question-- Is there a calendar view of this?

In reply to Greg Rudl

by Itamar Tzadok -

Which Dataform version do you use? What error does it throw? (Enable debugging to get more info on the error). smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Greg Rudl -

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /mnt/data/environment_cache/10136/http/mod/dataform/classes/pluginbase/dataformfilter.php on line 406

Dataform: 2014111000

Moodle vers: 2.7.5

In reply to Greg Rudl

by Itamar Tzadok -

Yes, there is a bug there. At this point it is highly recommended to upgrade to 2.8.6 if possible (requires Moodle 2.8). There are a few other issues in the Dataform filter sort which have been fixed in 2.8.x but have not been ported back to  2.7.x. smile

by Greg Rudl -

We've upgraded to 2.8 and it does work if restored in another course, but not the old DataForm, just one created with a new version.

In reply to Greg Rudl

by Itamar Tzadok -

See if the old backup actually contains the Dataform activity in the backup file. If it doesn't, which is probably the case, the backup is no good. hth smile

by Greg Rudl -

The same thing will probably happen in the next version of Moodle. This backup and restore is for the birds. There's got to be an easier way of copying and pasting a form in other courses, and course sections. You need to create a button that says "duplicate."

In reply to Greg Rudl

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Greg,

When you wrote that you upgraded to 2.8, did you upgrade Moodle or Dataform or both? Can you attach your preset to a forum post so that others can test it?

Here is what I did. I am using Moodle 2.9.1 (Build: 20150706) with Dataform version 2.9 (2015051100). I downloaded the preset in one course, deleted the preset in the Dataform activity, opened another course, added a new Dataform activity, uploaded and applied the preset. I could add a new entry without error messages.

Alternatively, I used the block Sharing Cart, copied the Dataform activity to the Sharing Cart, opened another course and added the Dataform activity from the Sharing Cart into the course. No problem at all.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Greg Rudl -

"I downloaded the preset in one course (how/why did you do this?), deleted the preset in the Dataform activity (why did you do this?) , opened another course, added a new Dataform activity, uploaded and applied the preset."

I created a DataForm preset then tried to apply it to another DataForm and get all kinds of weird activity, like news forums from other courses showing in the course I was working on. 

I there a video somewhere showing how to do this?