Visual guidebook on using Moodle 2.9

Visual guidebook on using Moodle 2.9

by Efthimios Mavrogeorgiadis -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, all!

Over the past week I organized a workshop on Moodle for teachers of English. It fell within the framework of an Erasmus+/KA2 project coordinated by my school. Aiming to support my colleagues in their effort to familiarize themselves with Moodle, I created an online course and a visual guidebook.

The guidebook is meant to be used with the help of a tutor/facilitator and alongside with the tasks uploaded online but I thought that other Moodlers might find it useful, too. So, anybody interested could download it from the following URL:

http://www.toe.gr/guidebook.pdf

Please, let me know if you would also like to see the tasks as a printed document or as an online course. I don't know which one would be best.

Efthimios Mavrogeorgiadis
Thessaloniki, Greece

(Edited by Mary Cooch to clarify the title- original submission Sunday, 28 June 2015, 5:55 PM)

Average of ratings: Very cool (3)
In reply to Efthimios Mavrogeorgiadis

Re: Visual guidebook on using Moodle 2.9

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thankyou very much for sharing this with the community smile I shall add it to the documentation as well for future users of Moodle.

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (1)
In reply to Efthimios Mavrogeorgiadis

by Jez H -

Hi Efthimios,

I was looking at that the other day after someone tweeted a link to it, I think its really nice.

If you continue working on this it maybe worth considering re-organizing it so that instead of following a linear path beginning with installing and logging in as an administrator you organize by role:

1. Teachers (largest audience)
  2. Managers (smaller audience) - category management etc.
  3. Administrators (tiny audience) - installation, theme customization, front page settings etc.

Just a suggestion smile

Average of ratings: Very cool (1)
In reply to Jez H

by Efthimios Mavrogeorgiadis -

Thanks for the feedback, Jez.

As explained in the foreword, the guide book was structured so as to serve its role as supporting material for a 5-day seminar for teachers of English, who were expected to set up, manage, and administrate their own websites. Hence, the linear path you observed.

All being well, I will update and extend the guide book when Moodle 3.0 is released and I will take the structure you propose into account then.

Thanks again!

Efthimios