Weird New Assignment Error (1.5)

Weird New Assignment Error (1.5)

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 11
I am using the latest 1.5 stable and the latest 1.5 newassignment as of the time of typing.

I, as a teacher, can look at the student submissions.

Students are not able to look at feedback. Underneath the marking criteria all they see is 'Weird newassignment error"

Thoughts? Please smile

Attachment 003.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Weird New Assignment Error (1.5)

by Darren Smith -
Ok, so I discovered that it works fine on newly created echo assignments so I went back and edited the text in the assignments and this seemed to have reset it / woke it up in some way and has fixed it smile

I am, however, having another problem.

My uploaded feedback files files are displaying for some students and not others. Anybody had any experience of this?

TIA

Darren

In reply to Darren Smith

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
This merror message means that the teacher who wrote feedback for that submission could not be found in database. This should not happen, but I have to admit that this error message is really obfuscated. sad

By the way, I uploaded fresher newassignment code to the web -- it is only a bugfix release without new features. Nevertheless, upgade is strongly suggested.
In reply to Jaroslav Šeděnka

by Darren Smith -
I am still having strange problems after updating to the latest.

The first one below is the most important one for me to fix as students are not getting their spreadsheet feedback.

1) Some student feedback files are not showing
This appears to be affecting the same students in a course but I cannot see any difference between those and the ones that are working. The feedback files are in the same (relative) place in the data folders. The ownership and access rights are the same on the files. The students are in the same course and group.

2) When deleting a feedback file the file is deleted from the folder in the course and but I am presented with this error:
An problem occured while deleting info about amy_pres.xls from database

3) Also when uploading a feedback file this also works as expected but I am presented with the following error:
File was uploaded OK but could not update your submission!

I have had the last error before but the database tables look identical for all students this time.

Thoughts?

Darren
In reply to Darren Smith

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
This is really strange, your bugreports are scarying me smile However, I can't manage to produce the bugs on my testing installation, I'll try to do my best. What do you run your Moodle on (Windows, Linux, ...)?

1) These problems encounter with all newassignments, or only the new ones/old ones (before/after some upgrade)? Did you try to "login as" those students and download the files by yourself?

2) This is especially odd. Could you post here structure dump of tables prefix_newassignment and prefix_newassignment_submissions?

3) This is another error related to database, as well as error 2.

Just a thought -- are the users that upload the feedback files teachers in the course, or are they "only" site admins? If they are admins, try to make them teachers in the courses you have problems in.

by Darren Smith -
Hello

Thanks for you personal help with this matter smile I don't want to impose too much on you but if it would be easier for you I can arrange an admin password for the moodle site and webmin?

The server is running fedora core (3 I think)

1) Difficult to answer as the new new-assignments (!) are low scale at the moment. It's the old upgraded ones that have a lot of users. When I use the 'login as ..' I (as the student) can not see the feedback. When I view the assignment submissions as a teacher I can see the feedback files.

2) Is the attached ok?

They are teachers in the course.

I'll be really embarrassed if it is just something simple I am getting wrong here but I can't seem to find a logical link shy
In reply to Darren Smith

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
I've just checked the dump and it looks correctly. Our server is running Fedora Core 3 as well, so this should not be a problem either smile

In fact, the new-assignment module is not used much, so I have to treat each bugreport very carefully. We haven't upgraded our Moodle instalation to 1.5 yet, so it would be great if I could look this problem more carefully (at least as a moodle teacher, even better with a direct read access to your database). smile

by Darren Smith -
Ok, I will look further into it.

Is there anything specific you would like me to look at?
In reply to Darren Smith

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
I really don't know what could cause this trouble, I'll write anything I find out here smile
In reply to Darren Smith

by Dawn Wright -

Would someone point me to a place I can get the laster version (for 1.5) of New Assignment? I have downloaded Review Assignment 1.5 from CVS but I do not see New Assignment there. We installed both in our 1.4.4 and I am now getting an error message looking for New Assignment in my 1.5.2 prototype with only Review Assignment installed.

thanks

dawn

In reply to Dawn Wright

by Darren Smith -
In reply to Darren Smith

by Dawn Wright -

Hi Darren

thanks for the info. I wanted to get the latest in the hopes it would eliminate this warning message I get on our development 1.5.2:

Warning: main(D:\Moodle\Moodle Sites\undergraduate/mod/assignment/type//assignment.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Moodle\Moodle Sites\undergraduate\mod\assignment\view.php on line 36

I get this message when I try to open an assignment created in courses that were developed on version 1.4.4  using an assignment mod that included a custom grade option. This is the info in the version.php from the 1.4.4 assignment installation:

//  Code fragment to define the module version etc.
//  This fragment is called by /admin/index.php
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

$module->version  = 2005020900;
$module->requires = 2004083129;  // Requires this Moodle version
$module->cron     = 60;

?>

I seem to be able to create assignments on our 1.5.2 development Moodle using NewAssignment ok though without the Custom Scale option.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

dawn