Individualized Learning Plans

Individualized Learning Plans

by Rowena S -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

I am new to moodle and am helping to develop a training website for several schools. I am trying to determine the easiest method to establish individualized learning plans with associated deadlines, and have a user's plan update automatically when they finish courses.

I found this Learning Plan Block plug-in, however it does not update automatically when users complete lessons, and I don't think it's designed for the user to see/work with their individualized plan. Rather, it seems designed for the instructor to monitor student progress.

Does anyone have any suggestions of another effective plug-in or tool to use?

Thanks so much,

Rowena

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rowena S

Re: Individualized Learning Plans

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Rowena,

Welcome to Moodle. I am not used to individualized learning plans. If you are able to add a plugin to your sites, you could install the Dataform module. The documentation of this plugin is minimal, but Itamar Tzadok, the developer and maintainer of the plugin, is outstanding and has helped me many times. This morning I posted a question in the Dataform forum about individualized access to courses with a Dataform activity.

An alternative is How to Moodle (tracking competencies and learning plans through the LMS).

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Rowena S

Re: Individualized Learning Plans

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Rowena,

Welcome to the Moodle community. Moodle is more suited to taking cohorts of learners through the same learning experiences together rather than individualised learning, although it can be done.

I don't think Moodle is particularly well suited to supporting personal learning plans (PLPs). Perhaps Mahara is closer to what you're looking for? http://manual.mahara.org/en/15.04/content/plans.html

Mahara is a learning portfolio system with social networking capabilities. Mahara is also free and open source and can be integrated with Moodle, sometimes referred to as "Mahoodle": http://manual.mahara.org/en/15.04/mahoodle/mahoodle.html

I hope this helps! smile