Glossary links to old site (?)

Glossary links to old site (?)

by Geoff Cox -
Number of replies: 3
Hi, this might be a unique series of events that led to this problem, as the moodle course has a convoluted itinerant history. 

We had the course on one server, eventually had to move it to another because of space reasons (the University limited accounts to 300mb at the time!) and continued to develop it there.  It is now on an entirely different server (and installation) and appears to work in all areas except for the glossary. 

During one of the moves, the glossary files did not get carried over to the backup (they are stored under user files, it seems, and we moved only the course files).  So we exported them from the original site and imported them into the new installation.

In any case, on our new installation of moodle (and of the courses), the glossary links to the old site for the glossaries.  We still have access to the old course, but students are faced with having to log in again (as guests, even). 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Geoff
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geoff Cox

Re: Glossary links to old site (?)

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Geoff,

such images were added to glossary items as attachments or did you upload them to Moodle File System and then you linked them manually (in the description field of the glossary item) ?

Can you post here how does one of your description fields (one showing an image from the old server looks like) ?
(html code contents of the description field I means).

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Geoff Cox -
Hi Eloy,
we developed the course in 1.4.x, neglected to transfer the glossaries to the next development site, then exported them from the original site and imported them into the final site (1.5) individually.
The old site has since been upgraded to 1.5, so this might be a bit complicated.

Here is a linked word from a reading text:
<a target="entry" class="glossary autolink glossaryid5" 
title
="Wieviel kostet ein Du? Glossary: Geld"
href
="http://depts.washington.edu/germlang/moodle/mod/glossary/showentry.php?courseid=2&concept=Geld"
onclick="return openpopup('/mod/glossary/showentry.php?courseid=2\&concept=Geld', 'entry',
'menubar=0,location=0,scrollbars,resizable,width=600,height=450', 0);"
>Gelda>
attached is an xml file of one of the glossaries.

Please let me know if there is anything more I can supply to help!

Thanks!
Geoff
In reply to Geoff Cox

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Geof,

there is something that I cannot understand. What method did you follow to transfer your course from the old server to the new one?

Did you make a full backup (database, moodledata and moodle) and then install it in a new server?
Did you perform a course backup and restore in the new (just installed) site?

About glossaries, are you saying that concepts hi-lighted in your new server are pointing to the old server? Or are you saying that entries in your new server have their attachments pointing to the old server?

Can I see that in action?

The example XML file you've sent is really a simple one. It hasn't attachements or anything else. If I import it in my test server I see the entry without problems at all.

Definitively, I cannot understand the problem and it's bad news to try to solve it. tongueout

Waiting for more info, ciao smile