Pull fixes using Git

Pull fixes using Git

by Shaun T -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have a my moodle code in a  github repository that tracks off the main moodle git repository. I'm looking to pull in a fix MDL-48618-28 to my git repository. I'm just not sure how to. Can any one provide instructions as to how I would go about doing this or point me to where I might find this information.

Thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaun T

Re: Pull fixes using Git

by Chris Wharton -

Hi Shaun, start with https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Git_for_Administrators

The easiest way is to just wait for the next release (2.9.1 or 2.8.7), but I guess you need the fix now.

It looks like the tracker has quite a few commits. Assuming you are starting with a standard release branch, I would do one of:

• Merge the relevant branches into your branch. From looking at the logs, they are branch 'MDL-48618-29' of git://github.com/FMCorz/moodle and branch 'MDL-48618_29-test-calculated' of git://github.com/dmonllao/moodle
  • cherry-pick each commit from the current MOODLE_2X_STABLE branch on to your branch. When the next release comes out, just merge it in, or checkout the new release tag.

• checkout the latest stable branch, which will have other patches pending for release. This may have unstable or undocumented effects.

Make sure testing is thorough. Hopefully there are no dependencies on anything else.