by anthony leduc -
Number of replies: 7

Hi, https://moodle.org/pluginfile.php/155/mod_forum/post/1264909/Capture.JPG

I have a course like this

Section 1

* Subsection 1.1

* Subsection 1.2

Section 2

I tried to do this with collapsed topic but it doesn't work.

I attach a file too see what i'm looking for.

Regards

Attachment Capture.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to anthony leduc

Re: Collapsed Topic- More section

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle does not support Sub Sections - you could use a Label within the section to distinguish between the subsections but to create the image you attached would need some code writing.

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a plugin called flexible sections that supports sub-sections and may do what you want.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by anthony leduc -

Thank you for you reply.

Emma > I thought to use label but what is great with sections is that the courses move with the section.

Richard > Yeahh. It' works great. I prefer Collapsed Topic because it's more user friendly but i'll use flexible section. I need subsection.

Perhaps an improvement to propose for Collapsed Topics wink

Thanks  again

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you for the complement about Collapsed Topics Anthony.

To integrate the Flexible sections format (https://moodle.org/plugins/view/format_flexsections) into Collapsed Topics would be tricky and initial estimate of a four figure sum in GBP to accomplish.  Also with Flexible sections, it is 'destructive' to the course, so as soon as you make sub-sections and then change to another format, then everything is broken.  Something I would not want to happen if I integrated the functionality.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by anthony leduc -

Damn ! You're right.

I'll let the choice to the teacher if he prefers to use your plugin or the other one.

But I'll tell him that he couldn't change the course format if he choose the flexible section.

Thank you gareth

by Kathryn Davis -

Anthony — we’ve done something that might fit your needs. Not as slick looking as Collapsed Topics though.

The topics (green) are Building a Private Practice and Ready for Business

The subtopics (brown) are Labels. Auto-linking turns these Labels into links to similarly named Pages that are hidden in a phantom module. Then I use auto-linking again on the pages to display my assignments.

Course format = Topics format

Course layout = Show all sections on one page

Filter = Activity names auto-linking = ON

(on 2.7 w/ More theme)

In reply to Kathryn Davis

by anthony leduc -

It's beautiful.

I'll try monday with your settings and with your theme.

Regards