Regrade a scorm activity attempt

Regrade a scorm activity attempt

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Number of replies: 1

I have an Articulate scorm package as a scorm activity in a Moodle course that includes some graded questions. The results of those questions are written to the Moodle gradebook when a student goes through the activity. So far so good.

Except for one user. For some reason the grade for that user was not written to the gradebook when he completed the activity.

If I open the submitted results for that scorm activity on /mod/scorm/report.php?id=111 the user appears on that scorm activity report - but with a grade of 0.

If I drill down into the log for the attempt on /mod/scorm/report.php?b=111&user=12345&attempt=1 I can see all the track details for that scorm activity attempt, example:

cmi.core.exit suspend 
cmi.interactions_0.correct_responses_0.pattern Jack_and_Jill_went_up_the_hill
cmi.interactions_0.id Scene2_Slide2_MultiChoice_0_0
cmi.interactions_0.objectives_0.id TCF
cmi.interactions_0.result wrong
cmi.interactions_0.student_response To_ensure_that_their_bucket_was_full_and_aligned_to_consumer_trends
cmi.interactions_0.time 19:11:24
cmi.interactions_0.type choice
cmi.interactions_0.weighting 1
cmi.interactions_1.id Scene2_Slide2_MultiChoice_0_1
cmi.interactions_1.result correct
cmi.interactions_1.student_response We_can_build_our_strategy_and_impact_the_culture_of_our_organisation_through_this_programme
cmi.interactions_1.time 19:11:57

Using that info I can work out that the student did answer all the questions in the attempt and he should have received a valid grade. However the "General data" section in that "Track details" page (/mod/scorm/report.php) shows the 'Raw score', 'Min score' and 'Max score' fields as blank. And the 'Status' is 'Incomplete".

Example:  

Track details

General data

Element Value
Raw score
Min score
Max score
Status Incomplete
Time 2 hours 30 minutes 40.39 seconds

The 'Time' is "2 hours 30 minutes 40.39 seconds", so from this data I can clearly see that the student did complete the activity. But I'm unable to determine why Moodle gave the attempt a grade of 0 (when most of the student responses were actually correct). Lots of other students have successfully completed the activity without experiencing this problem.

The simplest thing is to do a manual grade override in the gradebook to give the student the credit, but that's the last resort. Instead, is there some way to "regrade" that SCORM attempt? In other words, is there some way that I can recover the scorm attempt by getting the scorm module to re-calculate the result again and push it to the gradebook?

In the Quiz module I would simply "regrade" the quiz attempt. Is there a way to "regrade" a scorm activity attempt?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re: Regrade a scorm activity attempt

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is there a way to "regrade" a scorm activity attempt?

No. (unless you just hack the db to make some changes or write your own script to insert stuff into the db)

I'd suspect that this situation might have occurred if the SCORM package overwrote the existing raw_score/completion status when the student re-entered the SCORM attempt again. Often when returning to an existing attempt the SCORM pacakge will overwrite the score. The "force new attempt" setting can help to prevent this.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)