Enable self Enrolment Button

Enable self Enrolment Button

by Julia Dietzer -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,

I have a problem concerning the self-enrolment button for my moodle course: I can not see it.  We have set all adjustments and also tried These steps: Site Administration --> Plugins --> Enrolments, but the Self Enrolment button is still not visible.

I would appreciate any ideas or help.

Thanks

Julia

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julia Dietzer

Re: Enable self Enrolment Button

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you enabled it in the course - Course administration>Users>Enrolment methods? (And can you confirm you mean enrolment into a course and not creating an account on the site?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julia Dietzer -
Hey, thanks for your reply. Yes, the user > enroment methods are enabled. And I mean enrolment into a course...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What theme are you using? If you use the standard "Clean" theme can you see it there? (Where are you expecting to see it?)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Julia Dietzer -

Yes we use the standard theme. In the enrolment settings, the "eye" is visible and the current date is set. But on the course front page (when no one is logged in), it says"you can not access the course", and there is no enrolment button visible. 

If I log in as a student, I can access the course, but that is because I am already signed in then and have the student account. But we would like people to do selfenrolment and register into the course themselves.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So if you log in as a student that is not enrolled in the course, do you see the button?  That is how it should work.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Julia Dietzer -
No, if I go onto the site of the MOOC without using my admin account, there is no button and no option to enrol. It only says "you don't have access to the course"

by Larry Lippke -

Julia, almost all the courses on the site I administer are open for self-enrollment, and I don't recall ever seeing a "button".  You must remember that authentication and enrollment are two different functions.  If the course is not open to guest access, then they must first log into the site, then retrieve a list of courses either through browsing course categories or doing  a search.  When the list appears, they simply click on the name of the course (i.e., there is no button).  If self-enrollment is set up to also require an enrollment key, then after clicking on the name of the course, they encounter a screen requesting that enrollment key.  Otherwise, clicking on the name of the course immediately enrolls them into the course.

In reply to Larry Lippke

by Larry Lippke -

I guess I need to correct myself.  I do now see an "Enrol me" button after clicking on the name of the course.  Sorry--spending too much time as an administrator that it is easy to overlook these things. 

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are you an administrator?  Have you tried logging in as a student and see if it is there then?  Also, have you set up the Self-Enrolment method - opened the eye, etc...