Distance Scoring questions

Distance Scoring questions

by Gary Lynch -
Number of replies: 15
Hi
Firstly i am using M2.9 smile

Can some one please point me either to any documentation or tell me how to create a distance based marking question in the quiz?

Example

Some situational text information

rate the following statements
                                                     Very poor                                                  Excellent
                                                                  1            2            3             4             5
Question 1 - statement a                                                  x
Question 2 - statement b
Question 3 - statement c
Question 4 - statement d

in question 1 selecting '3' would be the correct answer but we would like to 'distance score' if someone selected another number.

i know we can do this in a questionnaire using a lycert scale but this will not generate a score as we need this to be an automated process to restrict access to further quiz modules.

i hope some one can help
regards
Gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lynch

Re: Distance Scoring questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Create multiple choice questions, one for each statement.

Make the score for the choices 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Gary Lynch

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Gary,

Based off Tim's suggested scoring for a multiple choice question, here are three versions of a Cloze type question using your example, formatted as a drop down list, horizontal row of radio buttons, or vertical row of radio buttons. I think horizontal looks best for this. The questions are in Moodle XML format.

Just remember, that the answer numbers will be shuffled if you preview the questions, but in a test they will be in numerical order as long as you set the quiz Question Behaviour > Shuffle within questions to No.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Custom Scoring in Quiz

by Priya Moorthi -

I have to create multiple answers multichoice question with max points to 1. The condition to apply is: if the user selects any choices then i have to assign 1 point, if no choices are selected then i have to give 0 point. How do i achieve this in quiz?

In reply to Priya Moorthi

Re: Custom Scoring in Quiz

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Do you mean if they select any choice or do you mean if they select any correct choice?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Set the question total points to one.

Then set each answer to be worth 100%.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Priya Moorthi -

If I set each answer to 100% then i am getting following error while creating a question

The positive assessments you have chosen do not add up to 100%
Instead, they add up to 500%

by Marcus Green -

That is why you need to set each value to 25% if you have four options.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Perhaps a cloze question would work for this...I think it would allow you to assign 100% to multiple answers.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Gary Lynch -

AL

is there a way to provide feedback based on the answer?

Regards

Gary

In reply to Gary Lynch

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

MCQ's are the best to work with, by setting the percentage of the total score u like to give for the choice selected

In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

by Gary Lynch -

Hi

Is there a way to assign feedback to each cloze question answer based on score?

Regards

Gary

In reply to Gary Lynch

by Marcus Green -

Yes, you can give different feedback based on what answer was given.