Distance Scoring questions

Distance Scoring questions

Gary Lynch -
Vastausten määrä: 15
Hi
Firstly i am using M2.9 hymy

Can some one please point me either to any documentation or tell me how to create a distance based marking question in the quiz?

Example

Some situational text information

rate the following statements
                                                     Very poor                                                  Excellent
                                                                  1            2            3             4             5
Question 1 - statement a                                                  x
Question 2 - statement b
Question 3 - statement c
Question 4 - statement d

in question 1 selecting '3' would be the correct answer but we would like to 'distance score' if someone selected another number.

i know we can do this in a questionnaire using a lycert scale but this will not generate a score as we need this to be an automated process to restrict access to further quiz modules.

i hope some one can help
regards
Gary

Arviointien keskiarvo: -
Vastaus Gary Lynch

Re: Distance Scoring questions

Tim Hunt -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Peer reviewers Kuva: Plugin developers

Create multiple choice questions, one for each statement.

Make the score for the choices 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (3)
Vastaus Gary Lynch

AL Rachels -
Kuva: Core developers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers Kuva: Testers

Hi Gary,

Based off Tim's suggested scoring for a multiple choice question, here are three versions of a Cloze type question using your example, formatted as a drop down list, horizontal row of radio buttons, or vertical row of radio buttons. I think horizontal looks best for this. The questions are in Moodle XML format.

Just remember, that the answer numbers will be shuffled if you preview the questions, but in a test they will be in numerical order as long as you set the quiz Question Behaviour > Shuffle within questions to No.

Arviointien keskiarvo:Useful (1)
Vastaus AL Rachels

Custom Scoring in Quiz

Priya Moorthi -

I have to create multiple answers multichoice question with max points to 1. The condition to apply is: if the user selects any choices then i have to assign 1 point, if no choices are selected then i have to give 0 point. How do i achieve this in quiz?

Vastaus Priya Moorthi

Re: Custom Scoring in Quiz

Emma Richardson -
Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers

Set the question total points to one.

Then set each answer to be worth 100%.

Vastaus Emma Richardson

Priya Moorthi -

If I set each answer to 100% then i am getting following error while creating a question

The positive assessments you have chosen do not add up to 100%
Instead, they add up to 500%

Vastaus Priya Moorthi

Emma Richardson -
Kuva: Documentation writers Kuva: Particularly helpful Moodlers Kuva: Plugin developers

Perhaps a cloze question would work for this...I think it would allow you to assign 100% to multiple answers.

Vastaus AL Rachels

Gary Lynch -

AL

is there a way to provide feedback based on the answer?

Regards

Gary

Vastaus Gary Lynch

Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

MCQ's are the best to work with, by setting the percentage of the total score u like to give for the choice selected

Vastaus Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

Gary Lynch -

Hi

Is there a way to assign feedback to each cloze question answer based on score?

Regards

Gary