Distance Scoring questions

Distance Scoring questions

ved Gary Lynch -
Antal besvarelser: 15
Hi
Firstly i am using M2.9 smiler

Can some one please point me either to any documentation or tell me how to create a distance based marking question in the quiz?

Example

Some situational text information

rate the following statements
                                                     Very poor                                                  Excellent
                                                                  1            2            3             4             5
Question 1 - statement a                                                  x
Question 2 - statement b
Question 3 - statement c
Question 4 - statement d

in question 1 selecting '3' would be the correct answer but we would like to 'distance score' if someone selected another number.

i know we can do this in a questionnaire using a lycert scale but this will not generate a score as we need this to be an automated process to restrict access to further quiz modules.

i hope some one can help
regards
Gary

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse: -
I svar til Gary Lynch

Re: Distance Scoring questions

ved Tim Hunt -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Peer reviewers Billede af Plugin developers

Create multiple choice questions, one for each statement.

Make the score for the choices 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%.

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (3)
I svar til Gary Lynch

ved AL Rachels -
Billede af Core developers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers Billede af Testers

Hi Gary,

Based off Tim's suggested scoring for a multiple choice question, here are three versions of a Cloze type question using your example, formatted as a drop down list, horizontal row of radio buttons, or vertical row of radio buttons. I think horizontal looks best for this. The questions are in Moodle XML format.

Just remember, that the answer numbers will be shuffled if you preview the questions, but in a test they will be in numerical order as long as you set the quiz Question Behaviour > Shuffle within questions to No.

Gennemsnitsbedømmelse:Useful (1)
I svar til AL Rachels

Custom Scoring in Quiz

ved Priya Moorthi -

I have to create multiple answers multichoice question with max points to 1. The condition to apply is: if the user selects any choices then i have to assign 1 point, if no choices are selected then i have to give 0 point. How do i achieve this in quiz?

I svar til Priya Moorthi

Re: Custom Scoring in Quiz

ved Emma Richardson -
Billede af Documentation writers Billede af Particularly helpful Moodlers Billede af Plugin developers

Set the question total points to one.

Then set each answer to be worth 100%.

I svar til Emma Richardson

Re: Custom Scoring in Quiz

ved Priya Moorthi -

If I set each answer to 100% then i am getting following error while creating a question

The positive assessments you have chosen do not add up to 100%
Instead, they add up to 500%

I svar til Gary Lynch

ved Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

MCQ's are the best to work with, by setting the percentage of the total score u like to give for the choice selected

I svar til Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

ved Gary Lynch -

Hi

Is there a way to assign feedback to each cloze question answer based on score?

Regards

Gary