Different moodle server course synchronization

Different moodle server course synchronization

by Anderson Hsu -
Number of replies: 2

Dear partners,

Can we specify two different moodle course data synchronization ? But I want to define those programs to be synchronized, it means not all courses are backed up to another one on SERVER.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anderson Hsu

Re: Different moodle server course synchronization

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi Anderson, sorry, but your question is not really clear. You mean you have a single Moodle split onto different servers, and have been synching the servers or you have two Moodles with the same course and you want to make sure they are synching with each other?  The first, I have no idea, but the second is actually quite easy to do programatically but I suspect will need some rather neat hardware support to work properly. 

What can be done is to have two Moodles on two different servers, both referencing the same Moodle database on a third server. If you have a fibre optic connection between the three servers then even if one Moodle is in Taipei and the other in Kaohsiung City with the database server in Taichung City you should not experience a noticable lag. Using three servers like this is really useful in high density Moodles I would think, as long as the database server has lots of grunt the other servers don't really need to be much more than ordinary file servers. That would solve a lot of other problems for you as well, I suspect. 

In reply to Colin Fraser

回應: Re: Different moodle server course synchronization

by Anderson Hsu -

Dear Colin Fraser,

Thank you for your kindly reply. Actually we do not all of course synchronization the same to other moodle server. We want assign some course to other moodle server. Is it possible? thank you.