Lost Essay Exam

Lost Essay Exam

by Alyssa Kelly -
Number of replies: 2

I'm a student and I completed a 2 hour essay exam. It consisted of one text box to put all of my essays in. I worked up until the time ran out. From previous experience, I had believed that Moodle would submit my answers when I ran out of time. But instead of doing that, it logged me out which erased all of my work. Nothing was wrong with my internet connection. Is there any possible way in which i can restore that information? Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alyssa Kelly

Re: Lost Essay Exam

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to contact the server admin for your system, and ask them

1. Is auto-save turned on under Admin -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> Quiz?
  2. What is the session time-out set to? Is it longer than the quiz time-limit?

If the answer to question 1. is No, then there is almost certainly no way to recover the information.

In reply to Alyssa Kelly

Re: Lost Essay Exam

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Alyssa,

Sorry, I have no help for this event, but I do have a recommendation for the future. I lost text in Moodle forms more than once and finally figured out a a way to keep it from happening again. I use Firefox with the Lazarus: Form Recovery addon installed. Now recovered text is just a right-click away. If I'm not mistaken, it is also available for Chrome.