Site wide glossary (accross several courses)

Site wide glossary (accross several courses)

Aurelie Thomas -
Кількість відповідей: 3
Hello Moodlers,

My organisation uses Moodle and we have 15 different courses (spred over several catagories). I'd like to create a global glossary which could benefit all the courses. I have therefore created a course (visible to all) which only contains the glossary.
I was hoping that all words defined in the glossary would automatically be linked to Moodle books/Articulate/ etc on the various courses. This is not the case.

Is it something that Moodle is equipped to do (and if yes is there a trick to make it happen)?

Thanks a lot for your input,
Aurelie

У відповідь на Aurelie Thomas

Re: Site wide glossary (accross several courses)

Mary Cooch -
Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Testers Фото Translators

Hello Aurélie усміхаюсь If you are an administrator you should see the settings to make a glossary global when setting it up. Did  you see that and make it global?  See Glossary settings for more information on global glossaries.

У відповідь на Mary Cooch

Aurelie Thomas -

Hi Mary!

thanks a lot for the swift reply6. Yes, I actually am a site admin. Yes, the glossary was set as "global" and even "main".... Any other trick?
Best wishes,

Aurelie

У відповідь на Aurelie Thomas

Mary Cooch -
Фото Documentation writers Фото Moodle HQ Фото Particularly helpful Moodlers Фото Testers Фото Translators

Have you tried it putting the glossary on the front page as suggested in the docs - you can add it to the main menu and hide the main menu. Is glossary autolinking enabled everywhere? Have you tried adding a new term in a course and not seeing the auto-linking - or did you just look at terms already created? (I ask because sometimes when I make a glossary it doesn't immediately link words I already had,  but it does link new  ones I add afterwards)

When you say you were hoping the words in the glossary would link to Moodle books/Articulate courses , did you mean these books were part of the glossary description? Would the activity names auto-linking filter work any better?