Several Multiple Choice Questions as a set:

Several Multiple Choice Questions as a set:

by Mark Gunzelman -
Number of replies: 2
Is there a way I can set up a multiple questions as a set.  For example:

Directions: Find the sun.  Draw a line under it.
1) You are to look for the:
   A) boat
   B) sun
   C) flower

2) You are to make:
  A) a line
  B) an X
  C) a Circle

3) Is it right? (picture inserted)
   A) Yes
   B) No

This is an example of one set and I have like 25 sets of these.  I want to randomize each set.  Is there a way?  I know each questions can be randomize but it will not link with the other as a set.  Please help or advise.  I know I can set each mulitple choice questions as a set by setting it up in an order using 3 questions per page but I can't randomize it.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Gunzelman

Re: Several Multiple Choice Questions as a set:

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Presumably  you are not yet using Moodle 2.9? In Moodle 2.9 you can have sections in your course and the different sections (eg your questions) can be randomised.

In reply to Mark Gunzelman

Re: Several Multiple Choice Questions as a set:

by Joshua Bragg -
There are a couple options:

First, you can make each "set" into one Cloze question.  The Cloze syntax is not the most straightforward but its in core Moodle and has been for a long time.  I've been doing more or less the same structure with Cloze since I started with Moodle.  Then you can randomly pull a single Cloze question from a category and that will pull in your entire set.

The second option would be to install the Combined question type (and any other Open University plugins needed to make it work).  You have to be able to install plugins for this to work.  This works more or less like the Cloze option but has more flexibility.

I'm not sure that Mary's suggestion will work.  I'm assuming that you mean that the questions within the set are not interchangeable with the other sets.  If so you'll want to make sure that you pull an entire set, not pieces from different sets.