MM2 Requirements

MM2 Requirements

by Claudio ancooor -
Number of replies: 7

Hi all,

We are updating our Moodle instance to the version 2.8.5.

MM2 will be completely compatible with this version? Do we need to install the 2.9?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claudio ancooor

Re: MM2 Requirements

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello,

MM2 will work for Moodle 2.4 and onwards

See this features image:

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Claudio ancooor -

Hi Juan,

what does it means the last line of the table: "Logging in the Moodle site"?

Do you mean that once logged into the app, if I click on a resource not avaiable on the mobile app I'll be forwarded to the webisite without re-enter user name and password (through the webview of MM)?

This would be amazing!!

Many thanks,Claudio

In reply to Claudio ancooor

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Claudio,

"Logging in the Moodle site" is about course logs, not authentication. It means that when you see a course, course section, forum, etc. an event is sent to Moodle so the action is recorded in the course logs. Something like:

The user with id '4' has viewed the discussion with id '13' in the forum with course module id '58'.

What you say about not having to login again is what we call "SSO with Moodle", and unfortunately is not implemented yet.

Regards,

Dani

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Pam T. -

Hi Juan, and all, 

Are The local_mobiles required for Moodle 2.7 already available?

Thanks, Pamela.

In reply to Pam T.

by Jackie Toth -

Hi Juan,

How do you get local_mobile installed?  Is that the Mobile Additional Features?

Thank you,

Jackie

In reply to Jackie Toth

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

local_mobile is indeed Moodle Mobile Additional Features. You can find the installation steps in here:

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features

Regarding Pamela's question, the plugin is updated everytime a Moodle Mobile version is released. You can find the downloads for every version in here:

https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=local_mobile

Cheers,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Pam T. -

Thanks Daniel, I already install the updating of local_mobile, but  the App hasn't all functions active and I don't know why. 

There aren't notifications, forum, upload files...

Thanks, Pamela.