Completed lesson not assigning a grade??

Re: Completed lesson not assigning a grade??

by Stephen Bourget -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Two questions:

1. Which version of Moodle are you using (There have been quite a few changes to the lesson module in the last few releases)
  2. Is your lesson set as a practice lesson?  If so, the grade will not be sent to the grade book
In reply to Stephen Bourget

by Catherine Mclean -

I'm having similar problems. I've got a number of Lessons in one Moodle course and for the first Lesson, the reporting seems to be working fine. The correct information appears in the Activity Completion reports as well as the Lesson > Overview / Statistics reports. 

However, for another similar Lesson, even when the users have attempted the Lesson, it shows in the Activity Completion report but it does not show in the Lesson > Overview / Statistics reports. It is not set up as a practice lesson and, as far as I can tell, the settings are exactly the same as the first Lesson. 

We are currently using Moodle 2.7 but upgrading to 2.9.1 next week. 

Any ideas? 

Many thanks

Catherine

In reply to Catherine Mclean

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Catherine,

IMHO your problem is very different from Jennifer's problem: Jennifer report lesson grades not sent to the gradebook and your problem, if I correctly understand it,  is that some attempts are not shown in  Lesson > Overview / Statistics reports.

Unfortunately the lesson overview report (and also the lesson detailed report) suffer from some bugs and depending if the lesson is made only of content pages, of a content/question pages mix or only of question pages, the behavior of this report is very different and in some cases nothing is displayed.

This is a bug (see MDL-49429, MDL-48881, MDL-35396, MDL-27554, for various issues affecting lesson reports).

Additionally lesson reports are completely unaware of the activity completion system, IMHO this is not a bug, quiz reports also don't show the completion status of students attempts.

But if you can give precise examples where you think the completion status is incorrectly reported (reported not completed and in fact it should show completed for instance) please post additional details so that I can investigate the problem.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Catherine Mclean -

Hi Jean-Michel

Thanks for getting back to me. I realise my problem wasn't exactly the same as Jennifer's but I didn't want to create a new Forum post if my problem was related or similar - as far as I can tell, this is frowned upon in the Moodle community. 

It looks like the issues you listed (particularly https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-48881 and https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-49429) are the issues I'm facing. With 'content-only' Lessons. 

I agree, it's not a bug if the Activity Completion reports are not aware of the Lesson specific overview. 

I will wait until we've done the upgrade, see if anything changes and, if not, put a couple of questions in my Lesson to see if that does the trick!

Thanks again.

Catherine