Horizontal scroll bar withhout Theme design mode (after deleting caches etc)

Horizontal scroll bar withhout Theme design mode (after deleting caches etc)

by Barbara Braun -
Number of replies: 3
I have a few things to work on a theme that was self-created (deriving from clean) but not of myself.
We are on Moodle 2.7.2

So I'm struggling and I do have one strange thing . Our frontpage is completely fine in theme design mode but when I deactivate it - a horizontal scroll bar appears. I emptied themes caches as well as moodle caches via purgechaches, I work without proxy etc.

Any idea?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Braun

Re: Horizontal scroll bar withhout Theme design mode (after deleting caches etc)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Barbara,

I have just seen your Moodle site, and find that the problem is in the changes you have been making to the theme. Basically you cannot do these kind of adjustment to Bootstrap themes as they are very finely tuned, in that the percentages are calculated not fixed.

If you wanted to change this to a to a fixed rather than a fluid layout you need to remove all the references to "fluid" like "container-fluid" and "row-fluid" so that these become "container" and "row" then the grid layout would style the page in pixels and not percentages.

However, if you need the site to be responsive so that it can be seen in mobile devices then you need to find an alternative way of styling the layout.

The front page is divided into four distinct divisions three of which you may find useful:

<div id="frontpage-category-combo"></div>
<div id="frontpage-category-names"></div>
<div id="frontpage-course-list"></div>

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Horizontal scroll bar withhout Theme design mode (after deleting caches etc)

by Barbara Braun -

Well I guess I will digg deeper in this - thank you! smile

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mary

In case someone else looks here.  I have found this can be introduced by the Atto editor which seems to add a 0.5 em margin when you add an image to the front page.

If I remove that margin in the html the horizontal scroll bar disappears.

Observed using a modified Clean theme on Moodle 2.9

Richard