moodle site

moodle site

by Iris Paniry -
Number of replies: 12

Hi all

I am using moodle 2.7 and I would like the site to be with different information and not only courses information.

I find the moodle.org site very intersting a beautifule smile

Is it moodle? 

which Theme is it?

thanks

Iris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iris Paniry

Re: moodle site

by Just H -

Yes it's Moodle, it's a custom theme and sadly no you can't have it ... Moodle HQ keeps it's theme to itself to be unique big grin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Just H

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I will add a comment to Just H.

I find it interesting (someone please correct me if I am wrong) that of the four top LMSs (BB, D2L, C, and M) that only Moodle uses its own product for supporting "open" discussions.  In other words, Moodle uses Moodle, but the other companies cannot make this claim.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Rick Jerz

תשובה ל: Re: moodle site

by Iris Paniry -

thanks for the replays.

which Theme could I use to have a nice site with different information and not only courses info?

I am using essential

thanks

In reply to Iris Paniry

Re: תשובה ל: Re: moodle site

by Just H -

It's not a "what theme?" question really, more a question of what you want to do and your imagination. Essential is an excellent start as it already has marketing spots etc. Adding other plugins such as Static Pages should open up endless possibilities.

In reply to Iris Paniry

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I cannot answer your question directly.

Have you considered creating simply a webpage (homepage) where you can do anything you want, then on it having a link or a button that allows people to get into Moodle?  This is what I do.  If you look at my homepage, this is just general information.  Yet, there is a button for my students to get into Moodle.

In reply to Iris Paniry

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mary Evans

תשובה ל: Re: moodle site

by Iris Paniry -
Mary, thanks

I don't understand the
Add the following to the HTML part of your text editor in the Site Topic area of the Front page

where should I add it?
what is the "HTML part of your text editor in the Site Topic area of the Front page"?

thanks
Iris
In reply to Iris Paniry

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Iris,

In Site Administration > Front Page > Front Page Settings

You'll find an option "Include a topic Section" - by default its checked, but some users uncheck it, so you're going there just to make sure its checked.

Now come to your main/front page, click "Turn Editing On"

you'll see a gear icon (shown below)

Clicking this icon will reveal the text input area as shown below

Now click icon (where it shows 1) and it will open all the tools in the editor, then you'll click 2nd icon (showing <>) - this will switch your editor to HTML mode from WYSIWYG mood. In HTML Moodle you can straight away type HTML codes, and this what is you're asking for.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Usman Asar

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: moodle site

by Iris Paniry -

thanks Usman

I have checked the "include the topic section"

but

for some reason the gear icon is not shown 

any idea?

In reply to Iris Paniry

Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: moodle site

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Make sure editing is turned on. Look at the front page admin settings.

In reply to Emma Richardson

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: moodle site

by Iris Paniry -

thank you all

Iris