Problem importing mdl_user

Problem importing mdl_user

by Miguel Fabo -
Number of replies: 2

Hello guys, I've been trying hard to find a way to import users and passwords from moodle 1.9.9 to 2.6.11 but it's not working well. Is there a correct way to do that? I have a moodle site with many courses and users, I did quite well so far but I don't want to bother the users asking them for a new password. Is there a way to import the passwords from the old moodle? I edited the old database to fit it with the new one and all the users were imported to mysql with their data, crypted passwords are also there. But when I try to login, moodle says something is wrong. I would appreciate any tip you can share with me. Thanks a lot in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miguel Fabo

Re: Problem importing mdl_user

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you transfer the password salt from the 1.9 site to the 2.6 site?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Problem importing mdl_user

by Miguel Fabo -

Oh Howard, I can't thank you enough! I didn't even know what that was and you sent me in the right direction. I checked the documentation and I add the password salt from the old config.php to the new one.
It works like a charm. Thank you very much!! Shoud I add something else to the code or that's it?

(Edited by Helen Foster to remove the specified password salt just in case - original submission Tuesday, 9 June 2015, 11:35 AM)