Only able to access Site Admin pages locally

Only able to access Site Admin pages locally

by Charles Lim -
Number of replies: 2

I am able to access all the moodle pages using the server where it is installed. (I changed the config.php to 127.0.0.1 first)

When access from the internet (after i changed the config.php to externally accessible IP address), I am able to access the moodle pages such as Courses, My Profile, etc. But when tried to access most of the Site Admin pages, like Notification, Browse List of Users, etc, it will display the following error: This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
The incident ID is: N/A.

In both cases I logged in as admin. My moodle version is 2.8.5+, installed in Windows Server. What could be the problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Lim

Re: Only able to access Site Admin pages locally

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Not a Moodle problem (not a Moodle error message)...

Something on your server is blocking the /admin path most likely. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Only able to access Site Admin pages locally

by Charles Lim -

Does not seem to have anything blocking it. 

Also not all the function in Site Admin is not working. Some do work, e.g. Site Admin->Courses-> Course and Category Management.

Below are some debug Request from FireFox....

Also i install using xampp and Bitnami with the same problem.

Accepttext/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encodinggzip, deflate
Accept-Languageen-US,en;q=0.5
Connectionkeep-alive
CookieMoodleSession=aieksvsqchcksp5a0s0jll4791; MOODLEID1_=%2501%25B5%257B%25B2%2B
Host###.###.###.##
Refererhttp://###.###.###.##/moodle/course/edit.php?category=1&returnto=category
User-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0

pretty print
GET /moodle/admin/index.php HTTP/1.1

Host: 
###.###.###.##
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Referer: http://###.###.###.##/moodle/course/edit.php?category=1&returnto=category Cookie: MoodleSession=aieksvsqchcksp5a0s0jll4791; MOODLEID1_=%2501%25B5%257B%25B2%2B Connection: keep-alive