Had to reinstall moodle but I need to move my old course files into new moodle installation

Had to reinstall moodle but I need to move my old course files into new moodle installation

by Rebe LeGoullon -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all!

I installed Moodle 2.9 and everything was working out well. I had created users, created an assessment, and chosen specific settings for my course when I needed to change servers to an internet server. I updated the config files as directed, however afterwards I couldn't access my course and changing the config files back did not fix the issue. Afterwards I found out that going to an internet server wouldn't work out with the current state of my institution's network so I need to remain a localhost. 

I ended up reinstalling Moodle with my old moodle files moved to a folder on my network drive. I tried placing my old files in the correct folders and that did not restore my old course, in fact I couldn't even access moodle through my localhost. I uninstalled and reinstalled moodle again and now I'm hoping it will be possible to put the files back in somehow, so at least I'll have the additional plugins I installed, the assessment, and the settings. It would be very frustrating to have to redo everything when I'm in a time crunch.

Hopefully someone will have an answer! Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rebe LeGoullon

Re: Had to reinstall moodle but I need to move my old course files into new moodle installation

by Albert Ramsbottom -

As long as the DB, application files and Moodle-data are in the same places or your config file has the right connection details in it it should just work

Did you make a backup of everything?

Albert

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: Had to reinstall moodle but I need to move my old course files into new moodle installation

by Rebe LeGoullon -

I hadn't made a backup but I kept my Moodle, Moodledata, and MySQL folder with the files just in case, but when I placed those files back in after reinstalling I couldn't even get the page to come up for localhost.