Language does not change on inner pages.

Language does not change on inner pages.

by Bhargava S -
Number of replies: 4

On my moodle site chinese language is also enabled. But the language changes only when on home page. If language is changed from the top drop down when on any inside page like course view page, the language does not change. Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bhargava S

Re: Language does not change on inner pages.

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Did you change your preferred language in your profile preferences? Is the course set with a forced language (check the course settings if you're a teacher, ask the teacher otherwise)?

In reply to Nicolas Martignoni

by Bhargava S -

Hi Nicolas,

I think i did not convey properly. Language does change for courses. But not when changed from a course page or on any other inner page for that matter. If language is change when on home page, language changes and from then on the new language applies for inner pages also including any course pages.

Am i clear ? Can you please guide ? Thanks.

In reply to Bhargava S

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

So, I try to put it in a scheme:

Home (change language) -> course -> activity : chosen language

Course (change language) -> activity : back to English (= should not happen)

Did I get this right? I tested it on my site and I can't reproduce it. Can you reproduce the behaviour on your site on http://demo.moodle.net/ ?

In reply to koen roggemans

by Bhargava S -

Hi Koen,

You are a very senior member.Sorry for late reply. I am new to moodle and was spending time on issues.

About language change, it worked on the demo site. We are using a custom theme. The moodle in-built language drop down is not appearing despite the display language menu setting checked.  I ended up coding manually in theme header for changing the  url and including and lang param on change of language.

Regards.