Maximum MB's for a document.

Maximum MB's for a document.

by Sjoerd Bakker -
Number of replies: 11

The maximum for a document to upload at a assignent is 1MB. I would like to change this to 5, 10 or 20 MB. 

Is it possible? And how?!

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sjoerd Bakker

Re: Maximum MB's for a document.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There are a few things that need to be changed.

1. In your php settings you need to raise the max_upload_size and max_post_size to the desired number of Mb that you want.  This is normally found in your php.ini file on your server.

2. In your admin settings, you need to change the maximum upload file in your course settings and your site settings.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sjoerd Bakker -

Emma,

Thank you for your help! 

For all the document in every way it's possible to have a max upload size of 64MB. Only for the "assignment" activity is the max 1MB. Have you got any idea how I can change that? 

Thanks!

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you check the course setting and the assignment setting?  The assignment has its own upload size setting.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sjoerd Bakker -

Emma,

Yes, I did checked the course settings. Even if I look in the Moodle Docs for this, I only find that the maximum setting is 1MB. https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Assignment_settings

I can't find this setting in the php.ini file. 

I always can use the workshop module, that wil allow me to go up to 64MB. But the workshop module takes more work for the students then I want it to be. I just would like for them to upload just a few photographs as an assignment. 

I'm stuck on this one. 

Sjoerd

by ben reynolds -

You are mistaken. The maximum file size in Assignment (& elsewhere) can be adjusted to "Activity Upload Limit," the top item in the "Maximum submission size" dropdown in "Submission types" in editing Assignment.

That activity limit is set in Course Administration > Files and Uploads > Maximum upload size.

The course limit is set at the Site Level.  Administration > Security > Site Policies > Maximum uploaded file size

The documentation is here https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/File_upload_size

Above Moodle, there is a php.ini file size, and, if you are on a Windows server, the file size needs to be set in Windows server as well.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Sjoerd Bakker -

I'm sorry, but every setting is on 64MB upload maximum. But when I make a new assignment, the maximum size keeps being 1MB. (see picture: even dough it is in Dutch, you still can see what the setting is). So don't know what to do. 

by ben reynolds -

If you can confirm that the course admin upload size is 64 Mb and the site admin size is 64 Mb, then you need to clear the cache on your browser and press Alt+R or Alt+F5 to refresh your browser. The browser needs to know that the page info has changed. That's why you refresh.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Sjoerd Bakker -

The course and the site admin are 64 MB all along. But still....in the assignment...it tells me its 1MB. In the workshop mode I'll get 64.....

The first photo is the site setting, second is the course setting...and the third is the assigment.

by ben reynolds -

This is odd. The only thing I can suggest is going to the most basic theme and seeing if that changes the upload size in assignment.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Sjoerd Bakker -

And it's done! I asked the question in an other section of this forum and got some great advice. Happy to share it here!