Face-to-face and 2.8

Face-to-face and 2.8

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I'm getting ready to upgrade to 2.8 and I've seen some comments on the plugins page about problems...the last update on the 2.8 code was in April  Is the 2.8 version of this module stable and working?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Face-to-face and 2.8

by Melanie Scott -
Also...
We have a 2.8 test site that was running an old (2.5) version of F2F and it seemed to work just fine.  Usually I'm a big supporter of upgrading everything when I do an upgrade but between some of the open and closed tracker issues and comments here, I'm a little concerned.  If the newest version fixes the won't enroll people with a role, it would be excellent but...well, I'm nervous. 

And we customize ours a bit to allow trainers to take attendance using ID number rather than add/remove.  If the old version works, is there a compelling reason to upgrade it to a version that might not work and will require addtional work to function?  What can I expect if we do upgrade?  How would upgrading impact currently existing activities & sessions on the site?
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Melanie,

I don't have much of an answer, but what did you decide to do? We are just starting testing of our next upgrade - a jump to Moodle 2.9. 

I do know that upgrading can have a significant affect on exiting activities because it upgrades them as well, so we always do testing first on a "clean" install and then using a copy of production to examine the affect the upgrade has on existing content. 

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Melanie Scott -

Honestly,  we upgraded the site but not the module.  We kept our  F2F version the 2.5 version and it seems to work fine (for F2F values of fine).