Quiz

Linked questions type plugin?

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Ioannis Mamalakis
Linked questions type plugin?

Hello,

I'm looking for a question type for physics problems mainly. The idea is that the student can select the first answer from a dropdown menu. If its correct than he will get a point, and the next question of the problem will be revealed. Otherwise, he will get minus a point/number_of possible_answers, and he can try a different answer. When the student finds the correct answer, a new question will be revealed, until all the questions are answered correctly and the final solution is found.

I suppose there isn't a question type like this.

But I would like to know, if you know something on this.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: Linked questions type plugin?
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

The "Try again if you get it wrong" option has been there for a while. In the quiz settings, How questions behave: Interactive with multiple tries, or Adaptive. (You may need to add "Hints" to your question to make that work.)

The block access to question 2 until question 1 is answered feature was only added in Moodle 2.9.

In earlier versions of Moodle, try the Lesson activity.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Ioannis Mamalakis
Re: Linked questions type plugin?

Thank you Tim,
You were very helpful. It seems I need to upgrade to moodle 2.9 but I don't know if I'll have issues, and what kind, with the theme I have installed wihch doesn't support moodle 2.9 but only 2.7.

Average of ratings: -