Hiding teacher list to improve "self-enrollment" experience

Hiding teacher list to improve "self-enrollment" experience

Peter Evans - દ્વારા
Number of replies: 3

The "self-enrolment" is very useful but sometimes the course might have many teachers and this will force the ADD ME TO THIS SITE button to be below the bottom of the screen and thus not be visible to users.

One way around this is to use inline CSS to hide the list of teachers.  To do this:

1. Edit your profile and change the TEXT EDITOR to PLAN TEXT (this will stop your editor deleting inline CSS that we are going to use to hide the list of teachers
  2. add the following line of text to the SITE SUMMARY field (ADMINISTRATION > SITE SETTINGS > EDIT SETTINGS > SITE SUMMARY field
        <style type="text/css">.teachers {display:none;}</style>

If you want you can also change the name of the Self Enrollment method to something like "Click the following ADD ME TO THIS SITE button if you want to use this site".

This will result in something like the following (rather than a long list of teachers) being shown when someone goes to add themselves to the site.

Peter Evans

Attachment addme.png
In reply to Peter Evans

Re: Hiding teacher list to improve "self-enrollment" experience

Emma Richardson - દ્વારા
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Alternatively, you can just go to Admin/Appearance/Courses and uncheck the Teacher role under Course Contacts.  T

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Hiding teacher list to improve "self-enrollment" experience

Peter Evans - દ્વારા

Good pick up Emma.

But unfortunately this is only available if you are a site administrator.

The hack I described is available to teachers in a course and allows it to be changed on a site by site basis.

Peter