Hidden registration form

Hidden registration form

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

We have a consolidation exercise where we need to combine our different moodles

We have LDAP, OPEN and self enrolment courses but really need one set of courses to be email based self registration and enrolment.  However we dont want the registration form visible on the from of our site because we want to avoid our LDAP auth users attempting to try to register because they probably wont understand that its an automatic process for them.

does anyone have any ideas how we could hide the registration from and maybe give out the URL. We could also just have a link to the registration page and possibly just explain that normal University users do not need to register.I have done this but I am concerned that the login page displays both the login and the registration forms when email based registration is enabled.

Users of our site currently need to click the login link on the top right corner to acess the login form.

We are concerned that users will go to login and think they need to register! Has anyone manged to separate these forms in to different pages or has anyone any better ideas?

Many Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: Hidden registration form

by Albert Ramsbottom -

An update.

I had the idea to link directly to the user registration page which works if I have the email based registration enabled but if I disable it does not.

Which is rather obvious really

Cheers

Average of ratings: Useful (1)