Intention to remove capability "mod/scheduler:disengage"

Re: Intention to remove capability "mod/scheduler:disengage"

by Henning Bostelmann -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Just to say that this change has now landed in the master branch. Any student who is allowed to book a slot can now also cancel the booking, subject to time restrictions (in particular the Guard Time setting).

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Marc Couture -

A teacher has asked me how he can set up his scheduler so as to deny students cancelling a booking. I tried changing permissions in the activity for the student role, with no effect.  I Googled the problem and landed on this forum page. 

If I understand correctly, students can now cancel at any time, regardless of activity permissions?  Are there any workarounds to this behavior?

In reply to Marc Couture

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Marc,

students can cancel their booking, regardless of permissions. However, they cannot do so "at any time". In the Scheduler settings page, you can configure a "guard time". If this is set to, say, 4 hours, then students can cancel (or change) their booking only until 4 hours before their slot begins.

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Marc Couture -

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, that option doesn't work for our needs, we want to be able to block cancellations completely .  I guess we'll have to look elsewhere.