Hide Group members' work from other members

Hide Group members' work from other members

by Peter de Lisle -
Number of replies: 4

I am using 2.8. I really enjoy the group facility. I have 105 grade 8 students, who are in 5 different classes (A, B, C, D, E). I put the different students into into separate groups to facilitate grading etc.

But, because they are in the same group, they can see each others' grades. How do I prevent this - ie make it so that a student can only see his/her own work/grades etc, while still being a member of a group?

Thanks,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter de Lisle

Re: Hide Group members' work from other members

by Paula Clough -

Peter,

Are you talking about an assignment set up as a group assignment in the settings or another type of activity?

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Peter de Lisle -

Hi,

My course users are in separate groups (A, B, C, D, E).

The assignment is an ordinary assignment, and I have set it to separate groups.

What I want is to have the functionality of separating the groups when it comes to marking the assignment, but the users should not be able to see each others work.

Thanks,

Peter

In reply to Peter de Lisle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are using an ordinary assignment (not a group assignment) then only you the teacher and each individual student should be able to see their work. Other group members cannot see each others' work unless it is an actual Group assignment.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by V Paul C Charlesraj -

I have a situation. I am administering a Summer Internship course in which there are about 90 students and 13 teachers involved. A group of 5-7 students each is assigned to a teacher for guidance. These students are required to individually submit their deliverables to their respective teachers for evaluation.

I tried creating Groups that doesn't work. Problem is that there shall be only one submission per group.

Is there a work-around?

Thanks, Paul