Certificate valid for time period

Certificate valid for time period

by Barbara S. -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I have got the requiremet to create a certificate which is only valid for a certain time period (1 year). Is there any possibility to implement that in moodle?

The plugin 'certificate' does not show that option.

(We are on v2.5 at the moment but will update soon to v2.8)

Thanks, Barbara

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara S.

Re: Certificate valid for time period

by Floyd Saner -

Barbara,

I'm not certain about Moodle 2.5, but in Moodle 2.8 you can restrict access to any activity from/to some date.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Barbara S. -

thanks floyd.

let me explain the request in other words:

the target group needs to prove every two years that they have the knowledge to carry out a certain process. therefore they need to do a test in moodle every two years. it would be very helpful if the person who has to do the test as well as the person who controls that, gets a reminder when the certificate is going to be out of date for a certain person (when it reaches the age of 2 years). i hoped that i could use something like the certificate activity to get a reminder.

any ideas how to implement such a workflow?

thanks!

In reply to Barbara S.

by Floyd Saner -

Barbara,

There is no 'clean' way to have automated reminders sent for users to retake a course or certification.  Totara and ELIS (Remote Learner) are two products that have that capability. Both of those are based on Moodle.

If you are stuck with Moodle, you might think about setting up an enrollment period of two years for the course, and configure that to send an email to users when the enrollment is about to end.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Barbara S. -

Thanks Floyd, proposing another solution.

I will talk to the requester about this option if this fits.

Best, Barbara

In reply to Barbara S.

by Sharon Perry -

Hi Barbara

The way we've got around this is by using the Moodle certificate plugin by Mark Nelson https://moodle.org/plugins/view/mod_certificate.  You can set the certificate to show the date of achievement and then all we've added to the certificate plugin (you have to go into the moodle/mod/certificate folder, where the certificate design is held to do this) is some text to say "This certificate is only valid for two years from date of issue". 

The certificate is issued as a PDF to the student and also automatically emailed to them.

Although I'm not sure that that's quite what you're after!

In reply to Sharon Perry

by Barbara S. -

Thanks Sharon, I will check on that solution too!

In reply to Barbara S.

Svar: Re: Certificate valid for time period

by Pär Brink -

Hi Barbara!

I have the issue as you did.

I have a course, in which the students recertify after a period of time.

The problem is, that when recertifying, the date and certificate code from their previous try appears.

Did you find a solution for this issue?

Best regards Pär