Select Destination Topic During Restore/Import?

Select Destination Topic During Restore/Import?

by Justin Almeida -
Number of replies: 2

I've done a fair amount of searching for this feature both in the forums and in moodle 2.7.3 interface, but I don't see a manner in which to perform such.

Example:

I have 30-45 items in two courses that I'd like to combine, but into separate topics as the final result.

I can backup & then restore either or import (Which wrecks my gradebook to boot thus far, still researching this one) from one into the other, but neither process gives me an option to choose a destination topic, even when I have blank topics available for use.

I can obviously merge the two and move the items, but if there was an option to select the destination topic, that would be grand and a lot less tedious and work intensive.

Am I missing it or is that functionality simply not available?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Almeida

Re: Select Destination Topic During Restore/Import?

by Neil Stapleton -

I'm pretty sure the feature doesn't exist, sorry.

This is something that would be a massive help to moodle administrators and course builder, along with the ability to move or group content and activities items within a course, so that they can have certain actions such as move applied to them as one... Can anyone point to a tracker or where this might be on the features road map?

In reply to Justin Almeida

Re: Select Destination Topic During Restore/Import?

by Justin Almeida -

Almost a year later, anyone with any suggestions from my OP?

I dug around some more and I just can't fathom why there isn't more demand for this sort of option during the restore process.

I did find that if I restore my courses in reverse order of how I want them to appear, then move the newly restored material to the bottom section and ensure that there's an empty section above it, that the next time I restore material it will be dropped into the empty section.

This still creates a gradebook nightmare as none of the categories from the backup are carried over after the restore, but it's still less work to have to perform!