Problems with "copy & paste" in Wikis with Mozilla

Problems with "copy & paste" in Wikis with Mozilla

by Juan Marín -
Number of replies: 6
I try to edit wikis with Mozilla navigator. But I couldn't Copy and paste. A pop- up window appear and repport an error (see attachment). It redirects to http://moodle.org/forum/discuss.php?d=5880 to fix the problem, but the page doesn't exist.
Somebody could help me?

Attachment error_mozilla.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Marín

Re: Problems with "copy & paste" in Wikis with Mozilla

by Sarah Woods -

If you use Edit>paste from the menu at the top, you'll find you can paste no problem in Mozilla. You might be able to do it with a right mouse click as well (I can't remember) but ctrl+v definitely doesn't work. It's pretty universal, I have the same problems with Mambo.

In reply to Sarah Woods

by Ray Lawrence -
Shift + insert works fine though.
In reply to Juan Marín

by Juan Marín -
Thanks for all the recomendations. Now it works!!!
In reply to Juan Marín

by Cristian Alvarado -
This is a major problem we encountered, especially since our institution is only officially supporting mozilla flavor browsers.  There is a workaround that can be added to each individual user's mozilla profile that will allow your particular moodle to have "privileged" scripts, but it involves editing a file most people don't even know exist.  What we did here was to create a default file with those privileges and give users instructions on how to download and copy the profile file to their profile folder.  This solves the copy/paste error you are describing with the HTML editor site wide. 
In reply to Juan Marín

by Ben Boeckel -

Here is a link to an add-on from Firefox.  It should allow you to copy & paste.  After I installed it, I logged into Moodle and went to where I was experiencing the script error.  In the bottom left corner of the dialog box where I was typing there was a little message in red telling me that copying and pasting was not available.  When I clicked on the message it allowed me to add my moodle site to a list that would allow copying and pasting.

Here is the link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/allowclipboard-helper/.