Manage Files in M2.9

Manage Files in M2.9

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Moodlers,

With the new 'Manage Files' button in both ATTO and TinyMCE I found that there was no submit / insert button, so could could upload a file but actually do nothing with it.  When returning to the dialog all you can do is delete the file that you've uploaded.  So, I created MDL-50302 as a bug which has now been transformed into an enhancement for a message to be displayed.  I don't believe that this is the correct solution and indeed its still a 'bug'.  I have been 'advised' that this now needs to be discussed in the forums.

Therefore please do have a look at MDL-50302 and say what you think here.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Manage Files in M2.9

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If the functionality is purely to delete files, then surely this should be labelled as such and not 'manage files'

The term Manage files suggests being able to do a range of things with the files, including upload, rename, etc.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Manage Files in M2.9

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Richard,

Oh, its not that.  You can upload a file and delete a file but do nothing with the file.

Cheers,

Gareth