Display wiki pages by tag?

Re: Display wiki pages by tag?

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately it seems that being able to display wiki pages by tag is missing functionality. Tag pages only list blog entries and users with the tag, but no wiki pages. I came across MDL-48878 which I guessed was referring to this problem, so I added a comment with a link to this discussion.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jim Pickens -

Thank you so much for your reply., I was going crazy trying to get this to work. I just knew I was missing something simple.

This seems like it would be valuable to use in the classroom. I love using Moodle and I have for several years. actually I've been using it for probably 5 or 6 years. I actually have my own VPS server that I use for myself and 3 other teachers. our district offers Edmodo, which to me is like a toy compared to Moodle.

Is anyone working to develop this feature? I teach computer programming and when I get an advanced class I would like to possibly use this as a class project.

Any tips on getting started to help support this wonderful learning platform called Moodle?

Thanks again 

Jim Pickens 

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jim Pickens -

I really think this would be a valuable addition to the wiki in Moodle. What I wanted to do was having students create entries in the wiki then easily compare entries. Is using blogs the only way to do this? What I want to do is allow collaboration among students and reference entries by topic. 

Thanks again 

Jim Pickens