Scheduler overview allows view of grades between unrelated courses

Re: Scheduler overview allows view of grades between unrelated courses

by Erica Bithell -
Number of replies: 2

Dear Henning,

Thank you for the explanation. I agree that there might be circumstances in which this feature could be useful, but for us it is something unexpected that users need to be aware of (and, as you say, is somewhat unintuitive by comparison with core Moodle behaviour). Some finer grained control at that point would certainly be welcome (especially where display of grades is concerned).

We are also getting an error (cannot find record in database) from the links on the Overview tab in the Scheduler column and the With Whom column (anything that contains a=[cmid] in the query string) - which is another reason why we have disabled the tab:

Debug info: SELECT cm.*, m.name, md.name AS modname 
FROM {course_modules} cm
JOIN {modules} md ON md.id = cm.module
JOIN {scheduler} m ON m.id = cm.instance
WHERE cm.id = :cmid AND md.name = :modulename
[array (
'cmid' => '14',
'modulename' => 'scheduler',
)]
Error code: invalidrecordunknown
Stack trace:
line 1479 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown
line 1352 of /lib/datalib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
line 31 of /mod/scheduler/view.php: call to get_coursemodule_from_id()

Is this something that you are already aware of? I couldn't find anything on the Scheduler tracker.

Many thanks for your help,

Erica

In reply to Erica Bithell

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Erica

I have now added a proposed solution for the permissions problem to the tracker: CONTRIB-5750. Please feel free to comment.

I wasn't aware of the problem with links in the overview tab, but have added it as a reminder to myself in CONTRIB-5751.

I will get to these in due course.

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Erica Bithell -

Dear Henning,

Thanks very much for this - the solution to the permissions concern that you've outlined on the tracker looks good for us (and would add extra flexibility as well). And thank you also for fixing the overview links issue so speedily!