Themes need a login renderer

Re: Themes need a login renderer

by Fernando Acedo -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

No, of course. But I'm sure you remember what happened when new themes structure were adapted for moodle 2 and what happened also when Clean (and bootstrap as well) was selected as a default theme and some people still wanted to keep the "wonderful" old themes in the default installation.

Reading the topic about Bootstrap 3 I remembered those old times and looks like the decision to go ahead will take some time.

I agree with you that moodle still have many problems with the themes structure and that maybe designers should give some advice about how to create a better theme structure. Other OS projects have a designer team that help in the development of themes structure.

I work with many scripts and the most complex to create design is moodle. And personally, I'm a developer and not a designer, it is also difficult to understand for me why moodle is not using another structure less complex and more flexible.

There are many scripts that use simple structures where you can add the content easily to design wonderful and attractive sites and not like the "oh no, another moodle site theme" structure.

The most simple structure I know is "Get Simple" CMS (no, not and ad tongueout) where you need a simple HTML & CSS structure to add the renderers. Really simple.

I just want to notice that others are moving ahead quickly and adapting new technologies while the big Moo is still thinking what to do. Joomla has a similar releases calendar and is going much faster adapting technologies than any other CMS.

As you say, many things should be discussed before move on.

PS: A modern emoticons set would be also great for v3 Yes