What does the "restore" icon mean when looking at quiz questions?

What does the "restore" icon mean when looking at quiz questions?

di Melissa Benson -
Numero di risposte: 3

Moodle 2.8.5+

I'm trying to figure out why these images are broken in these quiz questions when they were working and now they aren't..not sure why.. but it seems like the same questions are working in another course - not sure if they are the same or what. Anyways, I see a little "restore" icon by some of the questions and the text are links. See attached image. What does this mean? When I click on restore it will bring me to a blank page, then I go back and refresh and the restore icon gets replaces b the normal one.

Allegato Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 1.18.44 PM.png
Media dei voti:  -
In riposta a Melissa Benson

Re: What does the "restore" icon mean when looking at quiz questions?

di Tim Hunt -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Documentation writers Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Peer reviewers Immagine Plugin developers

The documentation on this seems to be lacking (are you there Mary Cooch ammiccante)

It is related to the "Show old questions" setting.

When you try to delete a question (and confirm the 'are you sure') one of two things happens.

1. If the question is not used anywhere, it is really deleted.
  2. If the question is in use (in a quiz or some other activity) it is not really deleted. Instead it is just marked as 'deleted' or 'hidden' in the question bank.

Except that, it is not completely hidden. If you turn on the "Show old questions" setting, these questions appear, with an un-delete, or 'restore' icon.

In riposta a Tim Hunt

di Melissa Benson -

So there's no way you can delete a quiz question if it's being used in another quiz? Should we be restoring these questions?

In riposta a Melissa Benson

di Tim Hunt -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Documentation writers Immagine Particularly helpful Moodlers Immagine Peer reviewers Immagine Plugin developers

It depends.

If you think that the questions were 'deleted' in error, and this quiz is still in use and these questions should still be around for use in other quizzes, then undeleting them makes sense.

If the quiz in question is old, and the questions in it are only used there, then their value is only in allowing you to review old quiz attempts for archival purposes. In that case it is probably better to leave them as deleted.