Request for Development: All or Nothing Matching and Drag and Drop

Request for Development: All or Nothing Matching and Drag and Drop

gan Scott Andre -
Number of replies: 11

Our group is looking to obtain a version of the matching and drag and drop question types that offers all-or-nothing marking rather than partial marking. 

We are willing to finance the development in order to have this put into the community. Forgive me and please correct me if this is not the appropriate forum or approach for sharing this sort of request. My assumption is that others might be interested in being able to leverage this type of functionality as well. Jean-Michel, is something you would be open to developing?

Cyfartaledd sgoriau: -
In reply to Scott Andre

Re: Request for Development: All or Nothing Matching and Drag and Drop

gan Marcus Green -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers

You probably need to clarify what you mean by drag and drop question types.  There is the drag and drop matching (as in two lists of items) and then there is the range of drag and drop question types from the OU such as ddwtos and also the image related ones.

In reply to Scott Andre

gan Daniel Thies -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers

Hello Scott,

I was thinking about this for a few weeks and thought of implementing it as a set of behaviour plugins instead of modifying the question types. I have tried implementations for adaptive and deferred feedback for now. In principle they add an all or nothing option to any partial credit question type.

I would be happy if your group could look at testing it and providing feedback.

Cyfartaledd sgoriau:Useful (2)
In reply to Daniel Thies

gan Scott Andre -

I have a group that would be ready, willing and able to provide testing using our staging environment which is operating on v2.7. Thanks!

In reply to Scott Andre

gan Daniel Thies -

Thank you. The plugins should work for 2.6+ and whatever experience you have in 2.7 should apply to the current quiz unless something changed substantially of which I am not aware.

The plugins can be downloaded and installed from the git repo links above. Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Cyfartaledd sgoriau:Useful (2)
In reply to Daniel Thies

gan Martin Vojtela -

Great work Daniel, works like a charm!

In reply to Daniel Thies

gan Erika Khoury -

How can I use this behavior for certain questions on the quiz, but not for every question?  I need some of the question to be hand-scored.

In reply to Erika Khoury

gan Tim Hunt -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Peer reviewers Llun o Plugin developers

What type of question?

'Essay' questions are always manually graded.

In reply to Tim Hunt

gan Erika Khoury -

For example:  Embedded Answers (Cloze) question type.

I am trying to have some questions not to be: Deferred Question (All or nothing) only some. But since I added that behavior to the quiz all the grading is all-or-nothing for all the questions.

Is there a way to have different behaviors on the same quiz?

Thanks for replying,

Erika

In reply to Erika Khoury

gan Daniel Thies -

Hello Erika,

As far as I know it is only possible to apply question behaviour to a quiz as a whole so the plugin must apply to all questions. I considered this to be a feature of using the question behaviour because for some question types having some questions graded with partial credit and others not may be confusing to students.

Developing a version of cloze that is all or nothing would probably be not be that difficult, but it is not something that can be done without writing some code. It would be simpler if you could split your quiz in two.

Daniel